An online casino no deposit bonus can be a big boost for US players. It gives you free money to gamble with. Additionally, it doesn’t require any deposit of you own money.
Almost every online casino offers a no deposit bonus. Presently, there is so much competition in the growing online casino market. Online casinos all compete with each other. In order to attract new players, online casinos will offer bonuses. The good news for players is that casinos are constantly try to one-up each other.
No deposit bonuses are usually only given to new players. These bonuses are an incentive for players to sign up at casinos they’ve never played at before. It’s a simple marketing tactic, and it works. These bonuses are usually capped at a dollar value. No deposit bonuses frequently range in value from $10-$50.
Keep in mind that all casino bonuses come with their own explicitly stated terms and conditions. These terms dictate specifically how the bonus works. They explain how and when bonus cash can be withdrawn. Additionally, they list any wagering restrictions or requirements. Be sure to always read terms and conditions before accepting an online casino no deposit bonus.
Online Casino No Deposit Bonus List
Overview in maintenance.
How Online Casino No Deposit Bonuses Work
No deposit bonuses operate on a pretty straightforward concept. Let’s look at a real-world no deposit bonus example from the Golden Nugget online casino in New Jersey. Most no deposit bonus casinos do it the same way.
The offer below is given to any player when they register for a new account. That player must have no previous accounts at the casino. The player must also be over the age of 21 and located inside NJ (for this example).
Here’s how this no deposit bonus works:
- Begin creating a new account.
- Use no deposit bonus code PLAY20 during account setup.
- Receive $20 in free cash in your account once it’s created.
- Complete the playthrough requirement within 15 days (20x for slots, 100x for other games).
You might have noticed the last step above is to complete the playthrough requirement. This is the “catch” when it comes to no deposit bonuses. Once you get the free cash, you really can’t do anything with it. You can place bets, but you can’t withdraw anything you win using bonus cash. In order to withdraw any bonus cash, you need to first complete the wagering requirement.
In the example above, slots require a 20x wagering requirement. That means you need to wager $20 x 20 when playing slots before you can withdraw that bonus cash. Ultimately, you’ll need to wager at least $400 before you can withdraw bonus cash or bonus winnings.
Be aware that casino strictly enforce a one per person and one per household policy when it comes to bonuses. This is done to prevent the same player from receiving multiple bonuses.
No Deposit Bonus Casino Offers in NJ
New Jersey is one of the largest markets in the USA for legal online casino gambling. The state has been home to legal online casinos since 2013. The industry is still growing amid continued success. There are lots of major global casino brands already active in the NJ market. Each one offers some type of no deposit or free play bonus to new players.
These are the best no deposit casino offers in NJ right now:
- $30 free at Virgin Casino: Virgin is a massive global brand with interests across many industries. In New Jersey, Virgin Casino has partnered with Tropicana Atlantic City to offer an online casino. Players who create new accounts at Virgin Casino NJ are eligible to receive up to $30 in free cash. Use the no deposit bonus code 30BUCKS when creating your new account to get the free cash. This no deposit casino has one of the best playthrough requirements in the industry.
- $25 free at Caesars NJ: Caesars is a big name in gambling. The company operates casinos around the world. In New Jersey, there are both land-based and online Caesars casinos. New players are eligible to receive $25 in free cash when they sign up. Use code PLAYFREE25 to activate this no deposit bonus. This casino also has a low wagering requirement.
- $20 free at Golden Nugget: Golden Nugget is the largest NJ casino in terms of revenue. Its online casino is one of the best in the state. New players can get a no deposit bonus of $20 when they create new accounts. Just make sure to use no deposit bonus code 20FREE when signing up. The playthrough requirement here is also relatively small.
- $25 free at Borgata: Borgata is a relatively new NJ casino. It maintains an Atlantic City location and an online casino. Players signing up for the first time can use code FREECASH to get $25 in free cash. This cash can only be used on slots and has a simple wagering requirement.
No Deposit Bonus Casino Offers in PA
Pennsylvania’s online casino industry launched in 2019. The industry is still relatively young. Consequently, there aren’t as many no deposit bonus casino offers as in NJ.
Here are some of the best no deposit casino offers available right now in PA:
Unibet Online Casino – Get $10 Free
Unibet is a relative newcomer to the American online casino market. Most US players won’t recognize the name. However, Unibet has been a major player in Europe for years. The company has lots of experience running legal online casinos in regulated markets.
Unibet PA is offering a $10 no deposit bonus to new players. To take advantage of this offer, enter the code UBCASINO10 when creating your account. You’ll have the free cash in your account instantly once it’s approved.
All casino bonuses have terms and conditions, and this one is no different. You should be aware of these details before you accept this bonus offer:
- You need to verify your account before you can access the bonus funds.
- The bonus cash will only work on casino games.
- You must use the bonus and meet the wagering requirement within 7 days. Otherwise, you lose the free cash.
- If you don’t complete the wagering requirement after 7 days, any remaining bonus cash goes back to Unibet.
- The wagering requirement is relatively large at 25x. That means you need to bet $10 x 25 before you can withdraw that bonus cash. That means you need to wager at least $250.
- Slot games are weighted higher in terms of wagering requirements. Every dollar you wager on slots goes towards the wagering requirement. For table games, only 20% of each dollar goes towards satisfying the wagering requirement.
Unibet also has a few other nice offers for new players. The casino’s deposit match bonus gives a new player a 100% match up to $500 on their first deposit. You must use bonus code UBCASINO500 to get this match bonus.
Keep in mind that this deposit match bonus has the same wagering requirement as the no deposit bonus. That said, you have 30 days to meet the deposit match wagering requirement.
Hollywood Online Casino – Get $25 Free
Hollywood Online Casino PA is partnered with the PA land-based casino of the same name. Both of these casinos are altogether owned by Penn National Gaming. This large gaming company has interests across the USA in casinos and racetracks.
Hollywood Online Casino PA has a great no deposit bonus offer for new players. Make sure you use the links on this page to create your new account at Hollywood Online Casino. When you do, you’ll instantly get $25 in free cash in your account once it’s created.
Just like every other casino bonus, this no deposit bonus also has some terms and conditions:
- You don’t need a no deposit bonus code to get this offer. Use our link above.
- The wagering requirement is small. You only need to wager $25 in order to clear the bonus.
- Every game on the Hollywood Online Casino PA website can satisfy this wagering requirement.
- Any accounts which are inactive for more than 180 days will lose any remaining bonus cash.
Hollywood Online Casino PA also has an attractive deposit match bonus for new players. New players can get a 100% match on their first deposits up to $500. You must use code WELCOME when depositing to get this offer.
Be aware that the wagering requirement for the Hollywood Online Casino deposit match bonus is large. Players will need to satisfy a 20x requirement. Consequently, players who receive the full $500 in matched funds will need to wager $10,000 to clear this bonus.
Wagering Requirements at a No Deposit Bonus Casino
Wagering requirements are also known as playthrough requirements. These restrictions usually exist on all online casino bonus offers. They are there to protect the casino. They don’t want players signing up, getting free cash, and cashing out without playing. Overall, wagering requirements ensure that players gamble first before withdrawing that bonus cash.
The most enticing no deposit bonuses have one-time playthrough requirements. These are the smallest wagering requirements you’ll find. This basically means that a player must wager a total amount equal to the bonus cash to clear the bonus. Once the requirement is met, money can be withdrawn.
Keep in mind that these bonuses frequently have other terms too. You might need to deposit your own money before you can withdraw funds. Additionally, the casino might cap the amount you can win using bonus cash.
A more common playthrough requirement is a multiplier ranging from 5x to 20x. Let’s say you get $100 in free cash with a 5x wagering requirement. That means you’ll have to wager $500 before you can clear that bonus cash. With a $100 bonus and a 10x wagering requirement, you’ll need to wager at least $1000.
Online casinos give weights to their games. These weights determine how much of your wagered money goes towards a wagering requirement. Slots have the highest weight, usually 100%. That means 100% of every dollar you wager on slots will go towards your overall wagering requirement.
Table games are weighted lower because they usually give players better odds than slots. Table games are usually weighted around 20%, so only 20% of your bets will go towards wagering requirements.
Keep in mind that certain games and low-risk bets don’t apply to wagering requirements. For example, players cannot bet both odd and even at roulette to satisfy a wagering requirement.
Other No Deposit Bonus Terms and Conditions
The wagering requirement is the main restriction on no deposit bonuses. However, there are other restrictions too. Casinos include extensive terms and conditions with all bonus offers. These terms specifically explain every restriction.
We strongly recommend that you read the terms and conditions for any bonus you’re considering before you accept it.
These are some other common no deposit bonus terms:
- Player Type: No deposit bonuses are almost always restricted to new players only.
- Time Limit: You must meet the wagering requirement for a no deposit bonus within a set time period.
- Expiration Date: Certain bonuses will expire if you wait too long to claim them.
- Game Value: Casino games are weighted differently for wagering requirements. Slots are usually weighted the highest. Table games are typically weighted the lowest.
- Eligibility: Bonus cash might only be useable on certain casino games.
- Verification: Players might need to verify their accounts via email or phone before they can receive no deposit bonuses.
Best Games for Online Casino No Deposit Bonus
Online casinos frequently limit their no deposit bonus cash to select games only. That means you might only be able to use bonus cash to play one game type like slots. In some cases, these restrictions are not explicitly stated. A casino might just apply a low weight to table games. If that’s the case, only a small percentage of bets goes towards a playthrough requirement.
Slots are almost always weighted the highest in terms of overall wagering requirements. Slots are your best game choice at a no deposit bonus casino.
Within slots, players should look for games with the highest return-to-player (RTP) percentage. RTP is the average payout from a game over a set number of spins, usually in the millions. To check the RTP of a slots game, check the game’s terms on a casino website. Legal US online casinos will always have a way to find this info.
Slots with RTP of 96% or higher are some of the best in the industry. Anything lower than 93% RTP is considered quite poor.
Players should stay away from slots with progressive jackpots when working through wagering requirements. Progressive slots usually pay out less over time because they build up to massive one-time jackpots. Try to find a slots game with low variance.
Live dealer casino games are usually not eligible for no deposit bonus playthrough requirements. When they are allowed, they usually have low weights and high minimum bets. This ultimately makes them impractical.
Video poker is similar. It’s not a great option for clearing a wagering requirement. The house edge in video poker is quite low, so these games also get low weights. You’ll be playing a lot of video poker to clear a wagering requirement.
Players can use bingo and keno-style games to clear wagering requirements. The drawback here is that these games usually have a very high house edge.
No Deposit Casino Bonuses: Things to Keep in Mind
Make sure you only play at legal, regulated online casinos. When you do, there’s no risk when you accept a no deposit bonus. Just make sure you’ve read the terms.
No deposit bonus terms and conditions usually have some important details that players miss. These details explain how the bonus works and how to clear it.
To avoid losing your bonus, you should be aware of these terms:
- Time Limits: Casinos typically place time limits on no deposit bonuses. For example, a 7 day limit means you need to clear the bonus in 7 days to get the free cash.
- Capped Winnings: Casino will sometimes cap the amount you can win using no deposit bonus funds.
- Wagering Requirements: In order to clear a no deposit bonus and withdraw the cash, you need to wager. The specific requirements are different for every bonus.
- Deposit to Withdraw: Online casinos might require that you deposit some of your own cash before you can withdraw bonus funds.
- Banned Game Types: Casinos might restrict bonus wagering to specific games. They might also place low weights on certain games. Low weighting can make clearing a bonus nearly impossible with a specific game type.
If you read through no deposit bonus terms and conditions, you’ll usually find all of this info. If you’re unclear on anything, don’t accept the bonus before you talk to casino customer support.
Other Online Casino Real Money Bonuses
The no deposit bonus is used frequently. It’s offered at almost every legal US online casino. It’s given to almost all new players. However, there are plenty of other online casino bonuses to choose from too.
Here are a few other common online casino bonuses:
- Deposit Match Bonus: This bonus will give you matched funds on any money you deposit. Sometimes these are only offered on a player’s first deposit. Let’s say you deposit $1000. The deposit match bonus you get matches 100% of your deposit up to $500. Ultimately, you’ll get $1500 in your account.
- Reload Bonus: A reload bonus is basically just a deposit match bonus for returning players.
- Free Spins / Free Plays: A free play bonus is similar to a no deposit bonus. Players get a set number of free plays or spins. The difference is that these bonuses have two phases of play. These also typically come with wagering requirements or other withdrawal restrictions.
- VIP Bonuses / Loyalty Programs: Very active players can qualify for VIP bonuses. These work like loyalty programs at land-based casinos. You get perks based on how much you wager and how often you play. These are often based on a tier system.
- Limited Time Offers: Online casinos are always trying to compete with each other. To do that, they sometimes offer special promotions. These promotions are only available for a short time. They are sometimes associated with new game launches or holidays.
Sweepstakes Casino No Deposit Bonuses
Sweepstakes casinos offer legal online gambling for any player in the US (Washington DC excluded). In the law Sweepstakes casinos operate on a loophole. This allows them to offer legal gambling in any US state.
How Sweepstakes Casinos Work
You’re probably thinking about sweepstakes contests you’ve seen before. Don’t worry, sweepstakes casinos are not based on clearing house promotions.
The loophole these sites exploit is quite clever. Sweepstakes casinos cannot legally accept any money for gameplay purposes. Instead, when players make deposits, they get “free” sweeps coins. Sweepstakes casinos must make it clear that these coins are strictly for entertainment purposes. That means you can use the coins to play casino games, but the games don’t give direct payouts.
Players can use their sweeps coins to play traditional casino games like slots and poker. Here lies the next piece of the loophole. Whenever you play a game at a sweepstakes casino, you technically enter a mini sweepstakes. As a result, this is not seen as true gambling.
When you win games at sweepstakes casinos, you get more sweeps coins. You won’t get any monetary payouts. That said, you can exchange sweeps coins for cash prizes. Once you’re ready to cash out, you can trade your coins for a variety of prizes.
Legal US Sweepstakes Casinos
There are lots of legal sweepstakes casinos operating in the USA. The three biggest names in the industry today are Chumba Casino, Global Poker, and LuckyLand Slots.
On any of these sites, players can choose to play for sweeps coins or gold coins. Most players want only sweeps coins because these can be traded for prizes. The catch is that players can’t buy sweeps coins directly. Here’s that loophole again – when players buy gold coins, they get sweeps coins for free as a gift.
Players also don’t need to purchase coins of any kind. Sweepstakes casinos will typically give players some coins for free upon signup. Most players just find it easier to buy coins to increase their holdings.
Chumba Casino, Global Poker, and LuckyLand Slots all offer no deposit bonuses. These are their current offers:
- Chumba Casino: Get 2 sweeps coins and 900,000 gold coins for free when you signup for a new account using our link.
- Global Poker: Get 20 sweeps coins and 5,000 gold coins for free when you signup for a new account via our link. You will need to verify your account before receiving the bonus.
- LuckyLand Slots: Get 10 sweeps coins for free when you signup for a new account using our link.
Funzpoints Sweepstakes Casino
Funzpoints is another legal US sweepstakes casino. It works in much the same way as every other sweepstakes casino. The difference is what they call their coins.
Funzpoints offers players either Funzpoints or Premium Funzpoints. Premium Funzpoints can be traded for cash prizes, but cannot be purchased.
Funzpoints has a no deposit bonus for new players:
- Get $2.50 in Premium Funzpoints when you signup for a new account using our link.
Publishers Clearing House
Publishers Clearing House or PCH is arguably one of the most well-known names in sweepstakes contests. This is the same company that comes to houses holding up giant checks. Today, the company also operates a legal US sweepstakes casino.
Publishers Clearing House operates a bit differently than the other sweepstakes casinos we’ve discussed. PCH does not use any special currencies or coins. Players can play any games that want totally for free.
As players win games at the PCH sweepstakes casino, they will receive tokens. These tokens can be redeemed for prizes. There is no way to buy PCH tokens – you can only get them buy playing games.
The other big difference with PCH is the prize drawing style. If you use tokens to enter prize drawings, you’re basically entering a random draw contest. Anyone has a chance to win the prize.
Social Online Casinos
One major casino operator, MGM, maintains a few social casino websites. These sites are similar to sweepstakes casinos in how they operate.
MGM maintains these social casinos:
- myVegas Slots
- myVegas Blackjack
- myKonami Slots
- Pop Slots
All these sites use a dual currency system like Chumba Casino or Global Poker. The difference is that you can only use one currency type to specifically play games. The other type can only be traded for prizes.
These social casinos give players purple chips to play games. These chips are free. It’s totally free to play at these social casinos.
As players log more playing time, they will earn yellow Loyalty Points. You get these at random from playing games. The good news is that you can accrue these points across all four MGM social casinos and combine your rewards.
Ultimately, Loyalty Points can be redeemed for a wide range of prizes. MGM offers free hotel rooms, event tickets, food offers, and even free cash for use in real casino play.
Maintaining a Safe Gambling Environment
An online casino in the USA with the proper license is subject to strict regulations. If any casino breaks the rules, they risk losing their license. Most wont risk it, especially since licenses can cost up to $10 million in some states.
Online casinos are required to protect their players. They cannot allow anyone under the age of 21 to play. They must watch out for fraud and money laundering. The must also allow gamblers to self-exclude if they have gambling problems.
To play at any legal no deposit casino, you’ll need to go through some identity checks. Casinos will ask for verification to ensure that you’re of age. This also prevents account fraud.
Usually, you’ll only need proof of ID and proof of address. You can take photos of these items and submit them to casinos. You can ordinarily use the same photos at multiple casinos.
Once you’re verified, you can freely accept any no deposit bonuses.
Please Gamble Responsibly
Legal, regulated online casinos are required under the law to offer gambling resources. These resources provide help and treatment info for gamblers who can’t control their habit. Every legal US online casino will have a page dedicated to these resources.
Additionally, online casinos let players impose restrictions on themselves to limit their gambling. Players can set time limits, deposit limits, or even fully exclude themselves from play. These self-exclusions can last for a short period or a lifetime.