Online sports betting is legal and active in Pennsylvania. The practice has been legal in PA since the passage of bill HB 271 back in 2017. However, PA online sports betting did not officially launch until late 2018.
In 2018, the US Supreme Court overturned the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) of 1992. Overall, this bill was a major roadblock for legal sports betting in the entire USA. It restricted sports betting to just four states and outlawed the practice everywhere else.
Thankfully, New Jersey stepped up to the plate. Former Governor Chris Christie signed a bill in 2012 that legalized sports betting in NJ. This resulted in a lengthy legal process in which professional sports leagues sued the state of NJ. The legal battle eventually reached the Supreme Court. Ultimately, the court ruled in 2018 that PASPA was unconstitutional. This opened the doors for every US state to legalize sports betting and online sports betting.
Pennsylvania Online Sports Betting
PA reacted quickly once PASPA was finally overturned. Pennsylvania launched online sportsbooks shortly after this ruling was passed. PA is presently one of the best states in the US for sports gambling. The state offers bettors easy access to multiple reputable online sportsbooks. There are also live sports betting sites across PA.
Our comprehensive PA sports betting guide explains every PA sports gambling option available to players. There are lots of PA online sportsbooks, off track betting sites, racetracks, and casinos in PA where gamblers can place sports bets.
PA Online Sportsbook Free Bet Offers
DraftKings Sportsbook PA
DraftKings is a big name in online sports betting and daily fantasy sports. The company is very active in PA mobile sports betting. It offers apps for both Android and Apple users.
Players joining DraftKings for the first time are usually eligible for exclusive new players offers! DraftKings will give you several free or risk-free bets to start out. There are also special offers for cash back up to $500 if you lose on your first bet. DraftKings will even match your first deposit up to $500!
FanDuel Sportsbook PA
FanDuel is second only to DraftKings in terms of name recognition across the online sports betting industry. In Pennsylvania, FanDuel has partnered with Valley Forge Casino to offer PA mobile sports betting.
FanDuel also offers great bonus incentives for new players. New accounts are eligible for a risk-free bet up to $500. Consequently, there’s no risk of losing money on your first bet up to that amount. FanDuel has you covered.
FOX Bet Sportsbook PA
FOX Bet is a newcomer to Pennsylvania online sports betting. The company has partnered with Mount Airy Casino to offer PA sports betting. You’ll find all your favorite sports in the company’s streamlined PA sports betting app.
FOX Bet is keen to keep up with the other big players in this growing market. The company also offers new players a risk-free first time bet up to $500. You can also get as much as $500 in deposit match bonuses as a new player.
PA Online Sports Betting Apps
Most major online sports betting companies offer their own gambling mobile apps to give players the best gambling experience. However, there are different restrictions for Apple and Android device users.
Apple is mostly friendly to gambling apps. There is one point of contention that sports betting companies have with Apple. The company requires that iOS apps be developed in Apple’s unique programming language. Regardless, the majority of the big online betting sites already have apps available on the Apple App Store for easy download.
Google is not as friendly to mobile gambling apps. Google has actually banned all gambling apps from the Google Play Store. Nevertheless, Android users can download these apps from other sources. Usually, Android users can download PA sports betting apps right from PA sportsbook websites. Just make sure to allow permissions on your device when prompted.
Best PA Sports Betting App List
- DraftKings: The big dog of online sports betting has made it to PA! DraftKings currently has PA mobile sports betting apps available for both Apple and Android devices. With so much traffic across multiple states, DraftKings has significantly refined its app. It’s a particularly easy sports betting app to use. The DraftKings PA sports betting app also has some cool features you won’t find at other sportsbooks.
- FanDuel: Second only to DraftKings, FanDuel puts a lot of effort into making sure that its gambling apps are updated frequently. This company also offers PA sports betting apps for both Apple and Android users. The FanDuel app has been streamlined over years of use across multiple US states. It even offers a unique betting slip feature which makes it significantly easier to research and place bets.
- FOX Bet: FOX Bet is affiliated with the media conglomerate that runs FOX News. The company’s massive presence in the US market puts it in a great position. FOX Bet is backed by a large corporation. Consequently, it has lots of resources. This has allowed the company to focus on making a great PA sports betting app. The FOX Bet app is presently available for both Apple and Android users.
- BetRivers Sportsbook: BetRivers is affiliated with the Rivers Casino in Pennsylvania. This sportsbook offers a mobile app for Android users only. Apple users can still place PA bets through BetRivers. However, they need to use the mobile web browser on their device. Both methods have been tweaked significantly to provide a smooth user experience. BetRIvers Sportsbook is known for an especially good live betting feature.
New US Market player: Unibet
- Unibet: Unibet is based in Europe and has years of online sports betting experience. However, the company is relatively new to the US market. Players willing to try the service are saying surprisingly great things. Unibet currently offers both Apple and Android apps. These apps are simple and straightforward so placing PA bets is particularly easy.
Land-based Casino Caesars has own Sports betting app
- Caesars Sportsbook: This PA online sportsbook is affiliated with the land-based casino of the same name. Caesars has a reputation for quality that extends to its PA online sports betting activities. The company offers PA sports betting apps for both Android and Apple devices.
PA Sports Betting App Pros & Cons
- Apps load faster.
- An app is easier to navigate.
- Apps work better when reception is bad.
- An app keep everything in one place.
- Apps have a streamlined user interface.
- Not all PA sportsbooks offer apps for Apple devices.
- Apps take up hard drive space on your phone.
- Some apps require additional apps for location verification.
How Does PA Sportsbook Geolocation & Registration Work?
PA online sports betting sites are required to verify player location before allowing deposits and bets. Under Pennsylvania law, players must be specifically located within the state’s borders in order to place online sports bets.
New Jersey was the first state to get its online sports betting system rolling. Thankfully, NJ worked out a lot of the kinks and passed that along to other states. Initially, NJ sports betting apps were not especially accurate with geolocation. They would sometimes restrict NJ players who were near the state border.
Pennsylvania entered the market once the majority of online sports betting bugs were already fixed. Today, online sports betting geolocation is especially accurate. The issue with proximity to the state border has been explicitly addressed. Some users not on Wi-Fi might still have this problem.
For desktop and mobile devices with Wi-FI enabled, location is determined using data from the Wi-FI connection point. This is the same idea behind location-based targeting and suggestions that you frequently see at online search engines.
Geolocation services can’t determine the exact coordinates of your location. However, they can determine the town or city you’re located in. This is usually enough verification to allow PA online sports betting.
Keep in mind that you can still access your PA online sportsbook accounts from outside the state. However, you cannot place bets or make deposits.
Is Sports Betting Legal in PA?
Sports betting became legal in Pennsylvania surprisingly recently. For decades, this gambling practice was significantly restricted across most of the USA. This was due to the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) of 1992. This bill only allowed legal US sports betting in Nevada, Oregon, Montana, and Delaware.
Fortunately, PASPA was ruled unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court in 2018. Once PASPA fell, Pennsylvania quickly launched both retail and online sports betting.
Below you will find information on every type of PA sports betting as well as the types of bets that can be made. We also explain how to register for PA online sports betting, make deposits, and withdraw winnings.
Players seeking betting sites in PA have lots of choices. Each site offers gamblers a particularly broad range of betting options.
- Singles bets: This is the most straightforward type of sports bet. It is usually made on the outcome of a single game. Singles bets can also be placed on predicted championship winners. These are known as futures bets. There are three main types of singles bets:
- Moneyline: These bets are made by carefully examining the sportsbooks. Each book will give players the odds of every team’s chances at winning.
- Totals: Totals bets are made on the total combined score of both teams playing in a specific game.
- Spreads: The spread bet is made on the “spread” between the favored winner and underdog in any game. Sportsbooks will estimate the spread between the winning and losing team’s final score.
- Multiples bets: Also known as parlays, these bets are less risky. You can occasionally win large amounts from just a small bet. You usually bet on three or more games at once. With a teaser bet, your bets are based on spreads for each game. Round-robin bets are another type of multiples bets. These bets are placed on a few games at once. Each game then receives its own single or multiple bet.
- Live bets: Live bets are an exciting way to gamble while a game is happening. You can usually place these bets at PA live sportsbooks or PA online sportsbooks. Odds are updated frequently in real-time.
- Props: These bets are made on aspects of sporting events other than the final score. Also known as proposition bets, you can place these on specific players. A typical props bet is most points scored in a game.
Certain sports also have sport-specific bets. These bets are unique to certain sports based on how the games are played. You could place a most touchdowns bet in football, or a bet on the most overtakes in a car race. Period betting can also be done at many PA sportsbooks. With period bets, you place bets only on specific periods or quarters of a game.
Futures Betting in PA
Betting on futures has grown significantly in popularity. This type of bet is placed on the future outcome of a specific game or entire league season.
Many PA gamblers placed futures bets last season on the Philadelphia Eagles to win another Super Bowl. This futures bet is made frequently in PA. Futures bets can also be placed on college teams. Gamblers frequently place futures bets on the Villanova Wildcats basketball team making it to the Final Four. You can even place futures bets specifically on individual players and player awards like league MVP.
These are the most frequently placed futures bets for common sports:
- NFL: Super Bowl winner
- NBA: NBA Finals winner
- MLB: World Series winner
- NHL: Stanley Cup winner
- NCAAF and NCAAB: National championship winner
Place Futures Bets
In almost any sport, gamblers can also place bets on specific outcomes during the season. You can place futures bets on things other than championship winners. Some common examples include:
- Conference or Divisional winners
- Teams to make the playoffs
- Total wins in the regular season
Gamblers can also bet of specific players in any sport. These player-specific bets can be made on a surprisingly wide variety of performance statistics and player awards:
- Award Winners: League MVP, Heisman Trophy, etc.
- Stats Leaders: Points scored, touchdowns, home runs, etc.
- Player Achievements: specific player accomplishments (Ex: more/less than 1000 yards in a season)
In a typical season, the odds for futures bets will be released before regular season play begins. On bets with lots of attention like championship games, odds will be released significantly earlier. Most futures betting odds will come out a few months before a sport’s season begins.
When browsing futures odds at a PA sportsbook, the teams with the best odds are at the top of the list. The least favored teams appear at the bottom.
Betting odds can and will change frequently. These odds are not set at a fixed number. As more gamblers place bets, odds could increase or decrease.
Futures bets can usually be made at anytime, even if your favorite sport is not yet in season.
What Can’t I Bet on in PA?
There is no legal high school sports betting anywhere in the USA, Pennsylvania included. There are also a couple other PA sports betting restrictions.
- On non-sporting events like the NFL draft PA gamblers cannot bet .
- PA gambler cannot bet on esports events.
- Gamblers who are professionally involved with a sport (trainers, coaches, etc.) cannot bet on the sport they work in.
PA Sports Betting Options
Pennsylvania offers gamblers a wide range of sports betting options. PA sports bets can be placed at PA casinos, racetracks, and at off track betting sites. PA online sports betting is also a particularly popular option. Horse betting is also legal in PA with some special rules.
Below are the most popular PA sports gambling options.
PA Sports Betting
Anyone in Pennsylvania can place bets on professional and college sports teams. Professional league bets are the most common. Pennsylvania allows bets on all the major US leagues including the MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLS.
You’ll find all the betting options for your sport of choice inside the PA sports betting app you use. Retail locations will also have clear information available on betting options. Many PA sports betting sites and retail betting locations also offer live betting while games are in progress.
Pennsylvania NHL Betting
Pennsylvania has two NHL hockey teams:
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
Hockey fans in Pennsylvania know all about the rivalry between these two powerhouse teams. It can get surprisingly serious depending on the season and the playoff draw. Both teams are part of the Metropolitan Division of the NHL Eastern Conference. That means regular matchups occur frequently. Both teams have met each other in the playoffs in recent years.
NHL betting in PA can be done on any game or outcome. You can place futures bets on Stanley Cup winners or conference winners at the beginning of any season. You can also bet on the outcomes of individual hockey games. Period bets can also be placed on the outcome of each period in a game. Bets on final scores and goal scorers are also possible.
Pennsylvania NFL Betting
Pennsylvania is also home to two NFL football teams:
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Pittsburgh Steelers
The NFL teams of Pennsylvania also occupy the same major cities as PA pro hockey teams. However, league play is setup differently. Pennsylvania’s NFL teams rarely get to play each other because they actually belong to different conferences.
There are lots of options for NFL bets in PA. You’ll find multiple different props bets at every PA online sports betting site. Gamblers can bet on props like quarterback yards, running back yards, and first team or player to score. The number of receptions or carries by a specific player is also a frequently placed props bet.
Pennsylvania MLB Betting
Pennsylvania’s major league baseball teams are also found in the state’s two largest cities.
- Philadelphia Pillies
- Pittsburgh Pirates
Similar to Pennsylvania NFL teams, these MLB teams are not in the same division. That means they rarely get to play against each other.
Baseball is unique in PA sports betting because there are some special bets specifically for baseball games. The run line bet is a popular PA sports bet. With a run line bet, you are basically betting on the game spread but with different points intervals.
Props bets are also common in PA baseball betting. Typical baseball props bets include hits per batter and strikeouts per pitcher. Another baseball-specific props bet is the R + H + E bet. For this bet, you try to guess the total number of runs, hits, and errors for a player in a single game.
You can also bet on specific innings or the first five innings in a baseball game. In baseball, you can also choose the totals bet. Also unique to baseball, this bet is placed on the over or under of all runs across all games in a given day.
Pennsylvania NBA Betting
Pennsylvania is home to just one professional basketball team. The team is the Philadelphia 76ers, also known as the Sixers. The Sixers actually play in the same arena as the Philadelphia Flyers NHL team.
NBA games are unique because scoring totals are usually quite high compared to other sports. This opens up lots of options for bets on totals and spreads. Gamblers can place bets on team totals and match totals. Props bets are also frequently placed on specific players.
Professional basketball betting also allows for quarter bets on the individual quarters of a game.
Choosing a big win or little win bet is also common in the NBA. With this bet, you try to guess if a team will win by more or less than 10 points. Additionally, totals bets on final scores can also be made. You can even place basketball bets on whether the total game final score is odd or even.
Sign Up for PA Online Sports Betting
Any PA online sports betting site or app will make the sign up process extremely easy. These sites want lots of players to join, so they try to keep registration particularly stress-free. However, there are rules that need to be followed. PA online sports betting sites will need to verify your age before allowing you to make a new account. PA sportsbooks also have measures in place to prevent fraud from multiple accounts under a single owner.
Pennsylvania online sports betting sites will ask you for basic personal information to create an account. In general, this basic information is needed at a minimum:
- Full Name
- Social Security Number (usually just last 4 digits)
You can sign up for a PA online sportsbook using the company’s website or its sports betting app.
These are the usual steps required to sign up for a PA online sportsbook:
- Pick a PA online sports betting site.
- Navigate to the sportsbook website.
- Download the PA mobile sports betting app, or stay on the website and play there.
- Click “join” or “signup” to create your account.
- Enter the required personal information.
- Create your unique username and password.
- Once your account is live, make an initial deposit.
- With money in your account, you can start placing sports bets!
Remember that PA online sports betting sites frequently offer special bonuses to new players. These bonuses can give you free cash to bet with, or risk-free first time bets. We’ve listed many of these bonuses on this page. Be sure to review this info when choosing a PA sports gambling site.
PA Online Sports Betting: Deposit & Withdraw Money
Your money is safe at every legal PA online sports betting site. Extensive regulation has created a very safe gambling environment for all players across Pennsylvania. Every PA sports betting app will accept the most common payment options like credit cards and bank transfers. Below is a list of frequently used PA sports betting payment options:
- Credit / Debit Cards: Almost every PA online sportsbook will accept Visa or MasterCard deposits. Some will accept America Express and Discover, but these are not accepted everywhere.
- Prepaid Cards: You can use prepaid cards issued directly from sportsbooks to deposit funds. You can also use popular Visa and Amex gift cards to add money to your account.
- Bank Transfers: Setting up bank transfers to a PA online sports betting site is usually straightforward. This method is easier if you plan to make regular deposits and withdrawals. All money goes right into and out of you bank account. PA sports betting apps usually accept e-checks or ACH transfers, direct pay, or wire transfers.
- E-Wallets: An electronic wallet can be used at most PA sports gambling websites. PayPal is one of the most popular e-wallets. Skrill and Neteller are also frequently used in the PA sports betting industry.
- Cash: Cash is king! You can deposit cash into your PA online sports betting account directly at the sites’s land-based casino affiliate. Another frequently used cash payment method is PayNearMe.
- Check / Money Order: This is the snail mail method of depositing funds. It takes a lot longer for funds to clear. However, it can be safer for large transactions.
Usually, players can withdraw money using the same method they used to make deposits. The most frequently used withdrawal methods are PayPal or other e-wallets, prepaid cards from the sportsbook, e-checks, or paper checks by mail.
PA Horse Race Betting
Horse race betting is one of the oldest forms of legal betting in the state of Pennsylvania. The state now offers gamblers multiple ways to place horse bets.
The simplest and most well-known method involves going to the horse track in-person. You can place bets at racetracks on races happening at that track. You can also frequently bet on live simulcast races from other horse tracks.
There are also off-track betting sites all across Pennsylvania. These are known as OTBs or turf clubs.
Online horse betting is also legal in PA. There are a few legal online horse betting sites available within PA state lines. Options include BetAmerica, TVG, and TwinSpires. All these PA horse betting sites are based here in the USA and are fully legal.
These are the racetracks and racing types found in Pennsylvania:
- Hollywood Casino at Penn National Racecourse (thoroughbred)
- Parx Casino and Racing (thoroughbred)
- Presque Isle Downs & Casino (thoroughbred)
- Harrah’s Philadelphia (harness)
- The Meadows Racetrack (harness)
- Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs (harness)
Pennsylvania is actually a prominent fixture in the US horse racing scene. The state has its own Grade 1 stakes, known as the Pennsylvania Derby. This event has a typical purse over $1 million. It brings together many of the best 3 year olds in America. It is run at the dirt surface Parx Racetrack over 9 furloughs.
Pennsylvania also has a few other major horse races on its typical racing calendar. These include the Penn Mile Stakes, Pennsylvania Governor’s Cup Stakes and Greenwood Cup Stakes.
PA Off-Track Betting
Every horse track in PA has betting sites with simulcast races and parimutuel betting pools. You can also find the same betting options at turf clubs and authorized off-track betting locations around Pennsylvania.
Turf clubs are great because they frequently have food and drink options in a comfortable setting. One PA off-track betting site, the Valley Forge Turf Club, also offers legal sports betting.
PA Sportsbook Locations
Pennsylvania has a large and active online sports betting scene. However, players are still free to place bets in-person. There are currently 10 places in PA where gamblers can place live sports bets.
- SugarHouse Sportsbook (live)
- FanDuel Sportsbook (live)
- Parx Sportsbook (live)
- DraftKings / The Meadows (live)
- Unibet / Mohegan Sun (live)
- Fox Bet / Mount Airy (live
- BetRivers Sportsbook (live)
- William Hill / Hollywood Sportsbook
- Caesars Sportsbook
- BetAmerica / Presque Isle
This prominent racetrack is also home to a casino. It was once known as Chester Downs. The name changed under new management from Caesar’s Entertainment. At Harrah’s, you’ll find almost 3,000 slots, table games, retail stores, and event center, and a large live sportsbook.
- Address: 777 Harrah’s Blvd., Chester, PA 19013
- Telephone: 1-800-480-8020
- Sportsbook hours: Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to close; Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to close
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
The Penn National is one of the best-known horse tracks in the state of Pennsylvania. It’s home to major races like the Pennsylvania Governor’s Cup Handicap and Penn Mile. The track also has a casino located among its grounds. At Penn National, players can choose from 2,500 slots options, more than 50 table games, and a dedicated poker room. Penn National sportsbook opened for business in late 2018.
- Address: 777 Hollywood Blvd., Grantville, PA 17028
- Telephone: 1-717-469-2211
- Sportsbook hours: Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to midnight; Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to midnight
Rivers Casino Pittsburgh
This casino is one of the biggest in Pennsylvania. It offers players more than 3,000 slots, over 100 table games, and a dedicated poker room with more than 30 tables. Rivers Casino launched its sportsbook in late 2018.
- Address: 777 Casino Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- Telephone: 412-231-7777
- Sportsbook hours: Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to midnight; Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 a.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.; Sunday, 9 a.m. to midnight
SugarHouse Casino Philadelphia
SugarHouse has the honor of being the first Pennsylvania casino to open a live sportsbook. The casino is relatively young for the PA gambling market – it opened in 2010. In that time, SugarHouse has become one of the Philadelphia area’s favorite gambling hotspots. The casino has a live sportsbook, more than 3,000 slots, and options for fine dining and entertainment.
- Address: 1080 N. Delaware Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Telephone: 877-477-3715
- Sportsbook hours: Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Parx Casino and Racetrack
Parx Casino is the largest casino in all of Pennsylvania. It has an impressive collection of more than 3,300 slot machines, 180 table games, and almost 50 poker tables. The casino also has a sportsbook and a horse track with live simulcast betting.
- Address: 2999 Street Road, Bensalem, PA 19020
- Telephone: 1-800-LUV-PARX
- Sportsbook hours: Monday to Friday, noon to 11 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to midnight; Sunday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
South Philly Turf Club
This gambling location is one of Pennsylvania’s many off-track betting sites. It’s affiliated with the Parx Casino and Racetrack. Consequently, it has strong support. It’s one of the oldest OTBs in Pennsylvania. Today, South Philly Turf Club also has a sportsbook.
- Address: 700 Packer Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Telephone: 215-551-8270
- Sportsbook hours: Monday to Friday, noon to 11 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to midnight; Sunday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The Oaks Race and Sportsbook
This off-track betting site is also run by the Parx Casino and Racetrack. As a result, it has a great reputation. The Oaks now offers sports betting options as well.
- Address: 600 Cresson Ave., Oaks Corporate Center, Oaks, PA 19456
- Telephone: 610-650-0100
- Sportsbook hours: Monday to Friday, noon to 11 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to midnight; Sunday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Valley Forge Casino
This casino is relatively small by PA standards. It has 600 slot machines and 50 table games. It’s a great destination with multiple attached hotels and close proximity to King of Prussia. Valley Forge opened its FanDuel sportsbook in the spring of 2019.
- Address: 1160 First Ave., King of Prussia, PA
- Telephone: 610-354-8118
- Sportsbook hours: Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 1 a.m.; Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 a.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 a.m.; Sunday, 9 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy is another great destination casino for players looking to escape the stress of major cities. It’s located among Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains. Mount Airy has a retail sportsbook and an online sportsbook partner in FOX Bet.
- Address: 312 Woodland Rd, Mt Pocono, PA
- Telephone: (877) 682-4791
- Sportsbook hours: TBA
Presque Isle Downs
Presque Isle Downs is affiliated with Churchill Downs and BetAmerica. It offers off-track horse betting. Its online sportsbook should be launching shortly.
- Address: 8199 Perry Highway, Erie, PA
- Telephone: (866) ERIE – FUN
- Sportsbook hours: TBA
Mohegan Sun Pocono
Mohegan Sun is another great casino location that’s outside of Pennsylvania’s major cities. It offers a Unibet retail sportsbook. Mohegan Sun might launch a PA online sportsbook shortly, but there’s no timetable for this as of yet.
- Address: 1280 PA-315, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Telephone: (570) 831-2100
- Sportsbook hours: TBA
PA Sports Betting FAQ
Is Sports Betting Legal in PA?
Yes it is! It’s fully legal both in-person at authorized betting sites and at PA online sportsbooks. This was a recent development. The state passed a law explicitly legalizing the practice in 2017. PA sports betting launched immediately after PASPA was overturned in 2018.
Are DraftKings and FanDuel Legal in PA?
Both of these prominent online sports betting companies are legal and active in Pennsylvania. Each is affiliated with a PA casino. Both offer PA online sports betting for anyone located inside PA state lines.
Are Offshore Betting Sites Legal or Safe?
This is a tricky and usually unsafe area to gamble in. These sites are often legal in the places where they are physically located. However, they are not subject to US gambling regulations. You might think this is a great loophole, but it can be particularly dangerous. Since there are no US regulators watching these sites, they are unreliable at best. You risk losing money playing at offshore betting sites.
Play it safe and stick to the legal betting sites in PA.
How Do I Download a PA Sports Betting App?
Downloading PA mobile sports betting apps is pretty easy. Many of the top PA online sports betting sites already have apps on the Apple App Store. Apple users can simply download these apps from the app store.
Keep in mind that some PA online sportsbooks don’t have iOS apps. The ones that do sometimes require the GeoGuard app for location verification.
Android users frequently have an extra step to take in order to download a PA sports betting app. Google has banned all gambling apps from the Google Play Store. Android users can still download gambling apps directly from PA online sports betting websites.
Can I Cash Out Betting at PA Online Sportsbooks?
This depends on the specific sportsbook you are using. Some of them allow bets to be cashed out early, but not all do. Check our sportsbook reviews for more information.
Can I Place Horse Bets in PA?
Yes you can! Keep in mind that this is separate from PA online sports betting. In order to place PA horse bets, you can go to a racetrack or off-site betting location. Online horse betting is also legal in PA via authorized horse betting websites.
Can I Use PayPal at PA Online Sportsbooks?
You can, but again this depends on the specific sportsbook you are using. Most PA online sports betting sites make their payment options very clear. This makes it easy to decide quickly before opening an account.
What PA Sports Bets are Legal or Illegal?
In general, Pennsylvania is very friendly to sports betting. The state has one of the largest sports betting markets in the USA.
There are some restrictions to be aware of:
- You must be 21 or older to place PA sports bets.
- On high school sporting events you can never place bets.
- You can’t bet on esports events.
- Please be careful, you can’t bet on draft picks.
- You can’t bet on a sport if you are professionally involved in it (coaches, trainers, etc.).
Which PA Online Sports Betting Sites Have Mobile Apps?
In general, most PA online sportsbooks offer their own dedicated mobile apps. This usually differs for each sportsbook. Almost all offer Android apps but only some offer Apple iOS apps.
Regardless, you can always access a PA online sports betting site directly from your mobile phone’s web browser. PA sports gambling websites are designed to work smoothly on all devices.